Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Tuesday Tunes-Once Upon a Christmas-Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers

Go ahead and make fun! =0) I promise I don't care. This album is silly and cheesy, but it makes me so happy and brings back so many great childhood memories. We always listened to this album at my grandparents house at Christmas time. I loved it then and I have even shared this wonderful Christmas album with my family. Aaron, yes MY Aaron can even be caught singing "I'll be Home with Bells On." While we no longer have Christmas at my grandparents house, and my grandfather passed away when I was in 5th grade, I still miss the days when this was playing in the background on Christmas day at their house. While Christmas is still wonderful and magical with my family now, part of me will always long for the days of Christmas as a kid at my Meemaw and Papa's house with Dolly and Kenny serenading us in the background.
Enjoy these videos...I was super stoked I could even find these. =0)

1 comment:

  1. Just came across this and wanted to thank you for posting this. I absolutely love this song and am looking for accompaniment music so a friend and I can sing it at church this Christmas. Thanks for bringing back some good memories for me, too!

    ReplyDelete