Saturday, January 26, 2013

Prayer, Praise, and Psalms

It's so strange how one minute I can be okay the next minute I am not. Obviously I am physically okay, but emotionally I'm on a roller coaster. The wonderful thing is I can still say with 100% honesty is God is good!
Work makes me miserable these days, and I believe that ties in to each day that Aaron is unemployed. Being there and knowing that he should be working there too has been one thing that's SO hard to get passed. Here's what I've learned in the past month: my key to survival: Praise and Worship music, Psalms, and constant conversation with God.  I've always loved the Psalms, but they've meant so much more to me these past few weeks. When I read verses like Psalms 32:7 You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance, it's impossible not to be encouraged. That's what I love about God, if you seek Him, you ALWAYS find Him. So many times when I've been anxious, verses like this are revealed to me when I take the time to read His word.
Music, oh MUSIC!! I truly don't know what I would've done this week without Kari Jobe and Gateway Worship. They've just been on repeat, saturating my heart with God's goodness and grace. One lyric that really spoke to me this week was, "I'm not gonna worry. I know that You've got me right inside the palm of Your hands. Each and every moment, what's good and what gets broken happens just the way You planned.  But You're Here. You're real. I know I can trust You." I irritate myself so much when  I don't trust, especially since I KNOW I can. I KNOW HE won't ever let me down.
It might sound silly to some, but  I talk to God constantly. We talk a lot while I'm frustrated at work. ;0) I know without Him, I will go insane, so I constantly seek Him for wisdom and peace. It does say in Philippians 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And of course in 1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing. It's like I've said in a previous post and I'll always remember Pray Until Something Happens.
Yes, our situation hasn't changed..YET. However, I believe with all my heart that the door was closed at my work so that Aaron could move on to bigger and better things. "Until God opens the next door for you, praise Him in the hallway." That is exactly what I'm going to do praise and pray until something happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment