Thursday, January 3, 2013

Something a Little Different..A Recipe!!

So I was very impressed with my dinner tonight, so I figured I would share the recipe I started with. It was more of a starting point, because the more I looked at it, I really didn't use half the ingredients she said to.
First though here's the link. It took a lot of searching on Pinterest to find a CROCK POT Cheeseburger Soup recipe. I'm all about crock pot recipes. All you working moms or busy moms in general know what a LIFE saver crock pots are!!
So here's where my recipe started from: http://katieandmattskitchen.blogspot.com/2012/10/crockpot-bacon-cheeseburger-soup.html
Here's how I made it though:
1 lb of ground meat
2 large potatoes
32 oz Chicken Broth
8 oz Cream Cheese
30 oz of Velveeta Cubed
Bacon Bits

Directions:
Cook ground meat. Pour Chicken broth along with cubed Velveeta cheese into crock pot. Peel and cube large potatoes and place them in crock pot. (The size of the potato pieces is really up to you. I wanted them bite size.) Add cooked ground meat and cubed cream cheese. Cook 2-3 hours on high. (Basically until your potatoes are tender and the cream cheese is melted along with the cheese.

Once it's done garnish however you please. We added bacon bits and boy was it tasty!!! =0) Our house is a no onion and tomato zone per the hubby, so that's why I left out half of her ingredients. Either way it was FANTASTIC!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment