Friday, January 20, 2012

Psalms 4:8

"I will both lay me down in peace and sleep:for you, Lord, only make me dwell in safety."
With Aaron's new job, I have been trying so hard to meditate on this verse. Being home alone has never been an issue for me. I've always cherished my alone time. I guess the saying rings true: You don't realize what you have until it's gone. I've quickly realized over the past three weeks that I depend on Aaron for security. Just the simple fact that he is in the house or that I know he's coming home helps me to sleep peacefully. I've tossed, turned, jumped out of bed at every little sound. There have been a couple of nights I even resorted to having Dex sleep with me in hopes that it would ease my nerves.
I'm sure by this time you're wondering what's the point. Well here goes. While I don't think there is anything wrong with me feeling safe and secure when Aaron is home, it is wrong for me to be so fearful. The verse says it all. The Lord of all the Earth "makes me dwell in safety." Whom shall I fear? It's so hard to fathom, but God is watching out for me every moment of every day. He's got my best interest at heart and He wants nothing more than for me to rest in His safe and loving arms. Yes, the world is such a scary place...full of crazies, but my God is stronger than ANYthing that could ever try to come against me. I need to truly rest in Him and know that He is watching out for me and my boys while Aaron is away providing for our family. This new work week, I am going to really pray for His peace to wash over me. I'm honestly sick of losing sleep and walking around like a zombie. As much as I hate to admit it, it really is of my own doing.
So if I could ask one thing of my dear friends, it would be that you pray for me these next 7 weeks of this contract Aaron is on. Peaceful and restful sleep is all I ask!! =0)
I want to sleep like this...without a care in the world like Dex knowing that mommy and daddy are here for him. Like Dex, I can rest in the fact that my Heavenly Father is watching over me with even more love, and He never closes His eyes for a second!! =0)

No comments:

Post a Comment