Friday, January 6, 2012

New Year Brings Change and Reflection

So I have found myself this past week being incredibly overwhelmed with the changes. A new church home is tough enough, but then when you add in Aaron's job where he is gone 4 days and home for 3...it's been a bit overwhelming to say the least. I have been incredibly exhausted this week due to lack of sleep, and I am anxiously awaiting his return tonight. I'm sure I will sleep like a baby!! =0) It's been a tough couple of weeks adjusting, and I have found myself overwhelmed to tears quite a bit.
Let's just say over the past couple of days, I've been snapped out of it. I am so very grateful for the amazing opportunites that God has brought into our lives. This new job is a God send for sure..it's just taking some getting used to. Not to mention he won't always be working in San Antonio...only another 9 weeks of this particular assignment! ;0)
The first Sunday at our new church was truly a blessing. It's just completely different from the environment we had all grown so comfortable with. This is not a bad thing at all, just different. It's going to take some getting used to for sure. This Sunday Aaron told me that Brother Anger,(yes his last name is Anger,) plans on talking to me, so I'm super stoked about upcoming opportunities to become SUPER involved!! I was a little teary eyed this Sunday, but as soon as I got up and started singing, the tears were replaced with joy and peace. :0)
So you may or may not be wondering what snapped me out of my little funk. Two stories in particular that I have been following rather closely on Facebook and CaringBridge have really been getting to me the past couple of weeks. One is the story of Lauren Scruggs and her family. Reading their updates has truly been an encouragement and an eye opener to how truly blessed I am. To hear the amount positive, encouraging words from someone who's life has been turned upside down makes you realize, (or at least me,) that I have no reason to complain at all. Here's her site: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/laurenscruggs
The other is of a sweet 12 year old girl named Jessica Rees. She turned her battle with brain tumors into an opportunity to encourage and spread joy to other children battling cancer. It's just so amazing how someone so young has turned something so devastating into an amazing opportunity to spread hope and joy to other children suffering. Sadly she lost her battle with cancer yesterday, but her legacy will live on through her JoyJars and her N.E.G.U (Never Ever Give Up) organization. Such an amazing message of hope: http://www.thenegufoundation.org/joy/ and http://www.jessicajoyrees.com/.
I could go on, even about a person I actually know personally who has turned her tragedy to an amazing thing too, but the whole point of this blog is just to let you know that there is joy in times of sorrow. God can truly turn your ashes into beauty. You just have to let him. I will end with a few scriptures and a quote I love! Keep your head up folks!! God is good and He's always with us!
Phillipians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Matthew 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
John 16:33 3These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
"Life's not about waiting for the storms to pass...It's about learning to dance in the rain."

No comments:

Post a Comment