Sunday, December 2, 2012

The More I Seek You

On the way to church this morning, I was listening to "The More I Seek You" by Kari Jobe. My plans were to work on the timing and stuff since it would be the first time we would be doing it as a worship song. Instead of concentrating on the timing, as I sang the words, I found myself in tears. Here are the words:
The more I seek You. The more I find You.
The more I find You. The more I love You. 
I want to sit at Your feet, drink from the cup in Your hand.
Lay back against You and breathe, feel Your heartbeat.
This love is so deep, it's more than I can stand. 
I melt in Your peace. It's overwhelming.
I can't say for sure what words touched my heart the most, but there are so many things that I felt while listening to this song. It describes almost perfectly why worship is so important to me..why I am a worshipper. I'm not saying this just because I lead worship at my church either. That actually has nothing to do with it. There is just something so special about having a relationship with Jesus. When I sing praises to Him, I truly do "melt in His peace." No matter what is going on in my life, whether I have the worst migraine ever, whether I've just found out my mom has a brain tumor, whether my grandmother is really sick and they don't know if she's going to be okay...in worship, even if just for a moment all of the cares melt away. He fills me with an overwhelming peace. It's AMAZING. I can't really think of any other way to describe it. I think that's why I pretty much cry every single Sunday during worship. There's just this overwhelming feeling of love and peace that's so wonderful that I can't stop the tears. 
The other great thing about God is that the more we seek Him the MORE we find!! He never runs out of AWESOMENESS!! ;) There's not a cap on God. If we seek after Him, there is always more for Him to reveal to us!!
It's like the song says, "The more I find You. The more I love You." God isn't hiding from us. He's just waiting for us to want to spend time with Him. During worship when I feel His love for me, it's impossible not to fall more in love with Him, you know? He loved/loves us all when we're unlovable. He loved us enough to give us His very best, Jesus! It always makes me wonder how people can sit during worship with scowls on their faces. God deserves our worship and praise everyday of the week, so put a smile on your face and PRAISE him!! Praise Him because He saved you and He loves YOU...even if you don't smile! ;0)

No comments:

Post a Comment