Saturday, April 5, 2014

Sometimes You Get a Concussion

So the past week has been difficult. It  doesn't help when you give yourself a minor concussion. The nausea, dizziness, and headaches have been zero fun. 
To be honest though, I'm just in a really odd faze in life right now. I honestly have nothing to complain about, so don't think this is going to be one of those posts. I think I'm just at a point where I want more. I posted a Facebook status about one sided friendships not that long ago, and I've talked to several of my close friends about my issues. The thing I've realized is maybe I expect too much from people. Perhaps I am just built to check in with the people I care about periodically and try and make time for coffee dates and such. Maybe that's not normal. It's just very bazaar to me. I'm not expecting anything crazy. After all most of my friends have husbands and families of their own. I guess my thing is I've always wanted there to be an effort to check in and see what's going on in my life..how I'm doing from time to time. I treasure the people I have in my life that I can go months without seeing, but when we get together we just pick right up where we left off. Those friendships are my FAVORITE.
There are so many situations that have really been weighing on my heart lately. They mostly have to do with situations I'll never understand this side of Heaven. I just hate it when people hurt. I hate it even more that I can't help or take that hurt away. I just wish so much that the 'whys' of life could be answered, but again I know that's just not the way it works. Who knows, maybe even if we knew, we couldn't understand.
One song that's been ministering to me a lot lately is "Forever." It's on Kari Jobe's newest album. I've honestly been listening to it over and over and just crying.  "One final breath he gave as Heaven looked away. The Son of God was laid in darkness. A battle in the grave, the war on death was waged, the power of Hell forever broken. The ground began to shake. The stone was rolled away. His perfect love could not be overcome.Now death where is your sting? Our resurrected King has rendered you DEFEATED!"  I'm so thankful that while death hurts so much, Jesus did defeat it forever when he shed his blood and gave His life for us all. Such great love that I'm forever and ever grateful for.
I guess the point of all this is sometimes life hurts, a lot of times it's so very hard. Sometimes you give yourself a concussion and it seems life will never be normal again without the dizziness and blurred vision. The truth is though that life is beautiful. God loves us, all of us. He wants to bless His children.  In our hardest times he bandages our wounds and carries us through the times we think we'll never overcome. After all greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. 1 John 4:4 We can and will overcome through Christ. 
I'm not even sure this made any sense. I'll blame my concussion. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment