Sunday, February 19, 2012

Exhausted and Overwhelmed...Peace and Joy

So the past couple of weeks in the Blain household have not been easy. Between Dex's staph infection on his finger..then staph on my face and the pain that has been, talks Brett and I have had, and then to top it all off Aaron's more complicated gall bladder surgery...it's been a bit overwhelming.
I haven't been feeling well at all: partly exhaustion, partly antibiotics, partly body fighting off infection and partly waking up every 4 hours to give Aaron his pain meds. I've found my self on the brink of tears quite often. While anticipating doing worship this evening, I truly thought I don't think I can do this. My heart, my emotions, I just felt like I had spent every ounce of strength I had in me. How on Earth could I lead anyone? I needed the help. Well, thankfully I showed up to practice and when I started singing, I immediately felt all the overwhelming exhaustion melt away. It was replaced with a peace, even joy. We sang two songs: "How He Loves" and "I Love You Lord." What better way to get in the right mindset than to focus on how much our Father in Heaven loves us. I couldn't even think about the weight of the past couple of weeks any longer once I started singing.
That's how awesome God is. He shows up when we're at our wits end..when we feel we can't make it any longer. He never disappoints. As cheesy as it sounds, He truly is an 'on time God.' Tears were flowing tonight,  and it felt amazing. Worship was amazing tonight, and the only One who deserves the credit for that is God. I feel so refreshed. While I'm still physically exhausted, I feel like I'm ready to take on this next week. I am trusting in God that it will get better.
The AM and PM services were both amazing. I can't even describe it, but there is just something so precious about the presence of God. I'm super stoked about what God is doing at Crosspoint Church!!

No comments:

Post a Comment