Thursday, September 15, 2011

Blah, Blah, Blah

Today has just been one of those days. It hasn't been a bad day at all. However, all I can say about this day is blah.  Perhaps it's the clouds although we desperately need the rain. The cooler weather...probably not since I am SO READY for the temps to cool down for good.
I think what it all boils down to is I'm having a 'girl day.' Most of you know what I mean, but it's just one of those days where I feel fat and uncomfortable in my own skin. Most days I can get past this, but today.... BLAH!! Before any of you go too crazy over my last comment, remember that I am someone who has always obsessed about my weight. If you've read my previous blog, you know that I took it to a very unhealthy extreme. Sadly, while God has given me strength to avoid that road ever again, it's a constant battle to believe and see that I am "fearfully and wonderfully made." It's just incredibly difficult to accept any weight gain...even if it's just 5 pounds.
My mind always goes to the most extreme things first...don't eat, just drink fruit juices along with fruits and veggies, diet pills....blah, blah, blah.....
Luckily the smart side of me knows if I would just eat a little better, drink a ton of water, and exercise, I would be FANTASTIC!! So folks, don't worry about me. I know that I am in a good place. I also know that because of this my old struggles are going to rear their ugly heads. Thank God for giving me the strength not to fall for those silly tricks again.
So, since this was not the most uplifting blog ever, I leave you with a very funny pic of Dex...I hope you LOL! =0) Sadly he was walking better in these shoes than I do! For those of you wondering, I do not encourage this type of behavior, but what kind of mom would I be if I didn't get a picture?  =-)

No comments:

Post a Comment