Monday, April 22, 2013

Heaven's Sounding Sweeter

"Heaven's sounding sweeter all the time. Seems like lately it's always on my mind.
Someday I'll leave this world behind. Heaven's sounding sweeter all the time."
I haven't heard this song in such a long time, but as I was driving home tonight these lyrics were playing in my head. This past week has been a rough one. Two major tragedies in our world and the sting of loss. Two of my dear friends are moving away this week along with Dex being sick. It's been so hard to not walk around crying. 
It just really makes you wish that Jesus would hurry up and come. Two scriptures ring so true at this very moment. 1 Thessalonians 4:13-14 But I do not want you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning those who have fallen asleep, lest you sorrow as others who have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so God will bring with Him those who sleep in Jesus. And also Psalms 34:18 The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart,And saves such as have a contrite spirit.
Life can be so hard sometimes. The hope we have though is this world is as bad as it gets for us. This is NOT our home and one day we will join our Savior where there are no more tears or sorrow.  I anxiously await this day and even long for it so much. I guess you could say I'm homesick. I'm sick of crying and I'm so sick of broken hearts. I am so grateful for God's peace and that He's always right here with us. I think of a song my grandpa wrote, "There is peace in the time of trouble. There is peace in the midst of the storm. There is peace though the world be raging..in the shelter of His arms." Thank God for His peaceful embrace, those loving arms that never let us go.  When the world is out of control, He's holding us safely in His arms. 
"When the oceans rise and thunders roar. I will soar with you above the storm.
Father you are King over the flood. I will be still, know you are God."

Phillippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding , will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment